Milk: $ .40
Morning Milk (K-5): $ .40
Afternoon Milk (K): $ .40
- Breakfast/lunch will be sold to students and adults.
- Breakfast/lunch is to be paid for in the Superintendent’s Office
- Extra milk may be purchased for an additional cost per carton.
- Students eating breakfast at the school must report to class ON TIME (Serving time is 7:40 – 8:00 a.m.).
- Breakfast will not be served after 8:00 am
- Students eating breakfast and lunch provided by the school must consume their meals in the lunchroom.
- 9-12 Student’s bringing in their own lunch from home can eat their food in the high school lobby or in the lunchroom
- 7-8 Student’s must eat their food brought from home in the lunchroom
- There are microwaves available in the lunchroom for student to warm up their food, if a student uses the microwave, they must consume their food in the lunchroom.
- Students cannot consume their lunch or breakfast in a teacher's classroom unless the teacher has given approval
- No carbonated soda, pop, or energy drinks-Full guidelines are available at the Iowa Department of Education’s Heathly Kids Act https://www.educateiowa.gov/pk-12/learner-supports/healthy-kids-act
- No condiments outside of what is offered by the school
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Children need healthy meals to learn. Riceville Community School offers healthy meals every school day as part of the federally funded Child Nutrition Programs. For more information and an application for the Free & Reduced Lunch program please download the packet below.
Riceville is partnering with the Northeast Iowa Food Bank to provide the BackPack Program to
students during the 2018-2019 school year. The program begins in September and will continue
throughout the school year.
The BackPack Program is a free program that provides kid-friendly, non-perishable food
for students most in-need, to eat over weekends and breaks when school meals are not
available and there may be little or no food to eat. Please carefully consider your family’s
economic status and determine if this program is something needed by your child(ren). If
the BackPack Program is something your family depends upon, please complete the
attached registration form.
If you have any questions regarding the Food Services Department at Riceville Community School District, please contact the Food Services Director, Angela Cimmiyotti at email@example.com