Cell Phones and other Electronic Devices
Any personal device brought onto school grounds is subject to confiscation and can be held by the administration when deemed necessary.
A telephone is in the office for student use. The following rules are to be followed:
- Parents calling students at school should contact the offices at (985-2288) to leave messages. Students and teachers will not be called from classes to answer the telephone except in an emergency. When necessary a message will be delivered to students.
- Teachers may determine the appropriate use of technology (cell phones, iPods, etc.) by students for academic purposes.
- Cell phones may be used during passing times and lunch. Students are not permitted to leave class to make a call.
Improper use of technology will result in:
- First offense: technology confiscated and returned to student after school in the office.
- Second offense: technology confiscated and student serves 30 minutes of detention in the office and technology returned after detention time is served.
- Third and any subsequent offenses: technology confiscated and student serves 60 minutes of detention in the office and technology returned after detention time is served.
- If the student exercises a habitual violation of the cell phone policy, the school will not allow the cell phone to be allowed to be used in the school
- Students are not permitted to capture video, audio, or pictures of other students without the permission of the audience.
- Students are discouraged from distributing video, photo’s, and audio
Student Rules for Computer Use
Laptop Handbook please refer to the Student Laptop Computer Handbook